Skip to main content

Our Must Read Book List


We believe that continual self development and learning is the key to success.  The Iris Team Book Club, reads and discusses a different book every few months. Here are some of our team's "Must Reads" and why!

Germain's Pick:


How to Win Friends and Influence People
by Dale Carnegie


How to Win Friends and Influence People has been my go to read for 3 years. It was one of the first books I was recommended when I started my career in business and I have read it at least 4 times all the way through. Business and life is all about communication and relationships. This book really focuses on both and how to make lasting bonds."



Vinny's Pick:


How to Win At the Sport of Business
by Mark Cuban


"This has been my favorite book because Mark Cuban speaks on how he found his passion from having multiple jobs. He was able to take knowledge from each job until he eventually applied it all to his career. This reminds me that each day I have new experiences to learn and apply to my career. I also love the title and concept of business being a sport since sports have been such a huge part of my life."


Ally's Pick:



The Happiness Advantage
by Shawn Achor

"This is one of my favorite books for my personal and my professional life. In college, I studied in the health field and I have always been fascinated with how the body functions. The Happiness Advantage dives into how to make myself think in a more positive and healthy way and it has science to back it...my two favorite things combined! While reading this book I could tell a difference in myself and I often go back and visit some excerpts when I feel like my mind needs a shift."


Warren's Pick:


Relentless
by Tim Grover


"This book is written by the coach of some of the biggest names in basketball. This book really resonated with me since I grew up playing basketball and was the captain of the basketball team at The Citadel. Tim Grover speaks about how to train the mind and how basketball is more of a mental game than it is physical. Since reading this book, it has changed my business game by developing a more confident mindset."



Devin's Pick:


Lean In
by Sheryl Sandberg


"Sheryl is the COO of Facebook and in this book she discusses how women systematically underestimate their own abilities and how it accounts for the lower numbers of females in top level positions. As a young female professional in an office of mostly men, this book resonated with me. Sandberg preaches the importance of "sitting at the table", making your voice heard, and breaking through the limiting belief that women are unable to obtain the corner office."






Comments

Popular Posts

Meet The Team | Nicholaus Tavale

MEET THE TEAM! Nick is from American Samoa and ended up in Charleston from his time in the Navy. Don't let his tough guy exterior fool you, he is one of the most kind-hearted, caring, family oriented people we know! He has two adorable sons and the coolest wife, she is still in the Navy! Next time you see him, ask him to show you the traditional haka dance! His favorite quote that he lives by is: "Encourage people to view change as a breath of fresh air that can invigorate old thinking and open the windows to new thought."  - John Baldoni Fun Fact : He is a die-hard Raider Nation Fan.

Meet The Team | Laurel Thomas

MEET THE TEAM! Laurel is from Augusta, GA and studied Public Health at Georgia College & State University. She has a passion for helping people and for traveling! She has traveled and/or studied in Australia, Japan, Thailand, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Guatemala, just to name a few. She also has a travel blog she kept during college, you should check it out!                                His favorite quote that he lives by is: "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelo Fun Fact : She is the first born girl on her father's side in 203 years.